Director of Data Science - San Francisco
People.ai is the AI platform for data-driven sales and marketing, built on a massive graph of business relationships. We give sales leaders a complete picture of sales activities and leverage AI to help them manage their teams based on hard data, rather than assumptions. Marketing teams gain visibility into how their leads move through the funnel after being passed to sales, allowing them to attribute sales activity to the right leads, campaigns, and opportunities. With AI, People.ai is finally bridging the gap between sales and marketing.
You’ll be joining a veteran team with experience at market leaders including Marketo, Oracle, Salesforce, Box, Lattice Engines, and Responsys. People.ai is backed by Y Combinator and Silicon Valley’s top VC's including Lightspeed, Shasta Ventures and Index Ventures.
- You will establish and grow the data science practice at People.ai
- You will define best practice and thought leadership around data science
- You will partner with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams to derive requirements and drive results.
- You will execute across development life-cycle: formulation, modeling, evaluation, and deployment of data science features to production
- You will research, evaluate and implement statistical methods to track metrics
- Quick prototyping using frameworks like Python/Spark
- You will stay current on industrial and research trends, positioning, and customer needs.
- You will actively recruit, evaluate, hire, and mentor team members
- An advanced degree in a data science related field (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of translating real-world problems into successful data science projects.
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning, predictive modeling, NLP or experiment design
- You have the ability to code in Java or Scala, or Python
- Familiarity with a variety of deployment environment, especially AWS
- Good understanding of SQL language and be able to write programs to extract and transform data from relational databases or other sources such as Hadoop/Hbase.
- Comfortable working with Hadoop and related tools such as hbase, hive, kafka, spark platform etc.
- Experience with data visualization and usage of visualizations to articulate and clarify findings
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM applications a plus.