Technical Support Engineer
People.ai is the AI platform for data-driven sales and marketing. We give sales leaders a complete picture of sales activities and leverage AI to help them manage their teams based on hard data, rather than assumptions. Marketing teams gain visibility into how their leads move through the funnel after being passed to sales, allowing them to attribute sales activity to the right leads, campaigns, and opportunities. With AI, People.ai is finally bridging the gap between sales and marketing.
You’ll be joining a veteran team with experience at market leaders including Marketo, Oracle, Salesforce, Box, Lattice Engines, and Responsys. People.ai is backed by Y Combinator and Silicon Valley’s top VC's including Lightspeed, Shasta Ventures and Index Ventures.
About the Role
At People.ai we believe customer support is part of what differentiates us. Our support team works closely with our existing customers on highly technical solutions that generate massive value from our software. We are looking for resourceful, technical people to help grow the Customer Success organization to support our fast growing customer base. Technical Support Engineers are responsible for owning customer inquiries that come in through our multi-point support infrastructure including (but not limited to) Zendesk, Intercom, and email. An ability to learn quick is crucial!
The ideal candidate is empathetic, is (or desires to be) highly technical, and loves to craft solutions. Technical Support Engineers must be able to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.. This role is highly cross-functional and includes daily sync-ups with Engineering, Product, and Customer Success.
- Provide exemplary service to customers and drive solutions.
- Investigate backend data using basic SQL and other pre-written code to understand a customer’s data
- Eloquently answer the question: “What happened here?”
- Work with Data and Engineering teams on issue escalations
- Serve as the voice of the customer
- Utilize tools in place to optimize support efficiency (Zendesk, Jira, Intercom)
- Highlight opportunities for improvement in systems, processes, and customer-facing content.
- 1-2 years of experience working directly with customers in a technical role.
- A strong sense of empathy and ownership with customers.
- Ability to problem-solve and maneuver in fast-paced environments.
- Drive and ability to execute plans both independently and with a team.
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot with limited information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with JIRA, Zendesk or other bug tracking tools is a plus!
- Some experience with SQL is a plus!
- Strong understanding of SaaS technologies is a plus!
- BA/BS degree
- Competitive Salary
- Meaningful Early Stage Equity
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Catered Lunch and Fully-Stocked Kitchen with Snacks and Drinks
- Convenient Downtown/SOMA San Francisco Office Location near BART and CalTrain