Senior Backend Engineer
You will work with vast amount of business data to automate a ton of processes for team leads and their teams.
You'll be working very closely with the rest of our team, creating APIs, writing machine learning and automation code, and creating scalable systems.
We value ownership highly—the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. This reflects throughout our company, but is especially true in engineering. As an engineer at People.ai, you'll be highly independent and autonomous. Since we're building out a robust data layer that needs to be presented elegantly to the end user, you'll be working with a large array of different technologies and fields. Expect lots of interesting challenges.
- Mainly work with a Python/Flask/Postgres stack.
- Optimize queries
- Enhance large scale data sync and data pull layers
- Bring new features from concept to shipped product.
- Offer new ideas for the front end to help our end users.
- Interface closely with our Data Science and Data Engineering teams and learn a lot from them.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 4+ years of experience as a python developer. Developing business applications is a plus.
- Independent and self motivated—side projects and python packages are a major plus.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Docker, CoreOS and system administration skills a plus.
- Knowledge of many libraries, technologies and frameworks such as redis, rabbit-mq, celery, numpy, scipy
- A working home base in San Francisco
Work out of our SOMA/San Francisco offices. We offer a competitive salary with equity, health benefits, a cool company culture, lunches and free snacks and drinks. At this time we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.